Privacy Notice for Gap-Africa
The privacy and data security of our friends and supporters is important to Gap-Africa.
The following notice sets out how as friends and supporters of Gap-Africawe may use your data. We will ask your permission to hold your data and also you will be able to confirm the way in which communicate with you.
All personal data is held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation. All personal data is stored securely, with access restricted to authorised personnel only.
What information do we collect about you?
Personal data held and processed by Gap-Africa may include:
- Biographical information including your name, gender and date of birth
- Your contact details and communication preferences
- Your professional activities and employment
- Information you have publicly shared on social media
- Your volunteering activity
- Your family and partner/spousal details
- Your relationships with other donors and friends
- Your donation history
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
How will we use the information?
We will use your data to administer a range of activities for our friends and supporters and ensure that the ways in which we communicate with you, such as sending out news about Gap-Africa, inviting you to events, or advising you of fundraising activities and plans/campaigns, are relevant and adhere to your chosen communication preferences.
Third Party Policy
Your data will notbe disclosed to external organisations. Depending on your privacy settings and interaction with us on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, we may cross-check your data to ensure that it is robust and up to date.
We may use photographs or videos of you for Gap-Africa’s website and social media sites. If you have any concerns about the use of photographs and videos please contact the chair of Gap-Africa, Marcel Wagner.
Gap-Africa is committed to holding your data securely and treating it with sensitivity. As we would like to develop a longstanding relationship with you we will hold your information for up to 80 years.
Your Rights- Access to your information and correction
You have a right to request copies of the data that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data. If you request that we stop processing your data, we will remove personal data with the following exceptions:
- your name and years of entry and leaving alongside your request to remove your data. We will retain this information to prevent you from being inadvertently contacted in the future.
- information needed to comply with statutory requirements, but only for as long as those statutory requirements specify (e.g. Gift Aid declarations)
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Periodically, we will ask you to confirm your contact details and communication preferences. You can change your communication preferences at any time by completing the form on the Gap-Africa website.
Should you wish to make a complaint you can do so by contacting. The chair of the Gap-Africa, Marcel Wagner. We will reply to your complaint within 14 days of receipt.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any significant changes to this Notice or to the way we treat your data will be communicated by contacting you directly.
How to Contact us